I bud forth delights like the vine,
May: The Month of Our Lady
May is the greatest Marian month of all, traditionally known as the "Month of Our Lady." She begins the month as Queen of May, and final day of the month brings a bevy of Queenly titles. It is the month when the spring of new life flourishes.
1. Queen of May.
Donation of the May-pole to the church of Notre Dame. 1449.
2. Our Lady of
3. Our Lady of Jasna Góra.
Our Lady of
4. Our Lady the Helper. Near
6. Our Lady of Miracles.
7. Second feast of Our Lady of Haut.
8. Madonna della
The scholar Justus Lipsius donates his silver pen to the Church of Our Lady of Haut
9. Our Lady of Miracles.
10. Our Lady of Saussai/Saussaie.
11. Mary appears to St. Philip Neri. 1594.
Aparecida. Patroness of
12. Humility of Our Lady.
Our Lady of Power.
13. Our Lady of Martyrs.
Nossa Senhora/Our Lady of
Mary appears to Théresè of Lisieux.
14. Our Lady of
15. Notre-Dame de France. 1860.
16. Mary appears to St. Catherine of
17. Our Lady of Tears. Spoletto/Spoleto,
18. Notre-Dame de Bonport.
19. Notre-Dame de Flines.
21. Our Lady of Sweat.
Our Lady of
22. Madonna della
Mount Vergine (Virgin's Mount).
23. Our Lady of Miracles. St. Onier,
24. Our Lady of the Way.
25. Our Lady of the New Jerusalem. Built
by Emperor Justinian.
26. Notre-Dame de Vaucelles.
27. Madonna della
28. Feast of the Relics of Our Lady.
Mary armed with a spear saves
In the year 1480 40,000 Turks besieged the fortress of Rhodus, which was defended by the Knights of St. John; the then Grand Master Pierre d'Aubusson then dared to start with his knights a counter-attack. It is reported that during this fight Mary appeared in heaven. In her right hand, she held a spear, and in her left hand, a shield. In any case, the Knights of St. John were able to beat off the attack of Mohammed II against Rhodus victoriously from 23rd to 28th of May 1480.
29. Notre-Dame d'Ardents.
30. Dedication of the Church of the Virgin's Mountain/Mount Vergine.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart.
31. Annual pilgrimage to the chapel of Mary, Help of
Our Lady of Suffering (Notre-Dame-des-Douleurs).
Feast of the Visitation. New. Based on Mary's visit to